Updated on March 17, 2022
The goal of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas is to provide the bar and public with continuous access to our services through a variety of service options. A listing of available services and hours of service delivery are provided below.
Court Appearances (In-Person, Telephonic, or Video)
View individual judges' pages on our website for court appearance information.
In-person services are available in the Beaumont, Plano, and Tyler divisional offices of the Clerk’s Office from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays) unless otherwise specified by public notice.
In-person services include:
- Over-the-counter filing
- Over-the-counter payments
- Obtaining case information from the public computer terminals
- Obtaining forms and/or copies of documents
See https://www.txeb.uscourts.gov/court-info/court-locations for our in-person service Clerk’s Office locations.
Any petition, pleading or other document related to a bankruptcy matter in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas may be mailed to the appropriate clerk’s office locations for processing. Mailing addresses for clerk’s office locations may be found using the Court Info tab on the court’s website.
Help Desk Support
Available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding federal holiday) unless otherwise specified by public notice. For assistance call:
|(409) 654-7060||(972) 509-1240||(903) 590-3200|
The e-Services tab on the court’s website provides information and links to several safe and convenient alternatives to filing in person. The following online services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise specified by public notice.
- Electronic Case Files (ECF) for authorized users
- Electronic Self-Representation (eSR) for self-represented debtors who wish to file a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 petition
- Online Payment System (OPS) for individuals who wish to pay court fees online
- File Personal Financial Management Course Certificate (eFinCert)
- Electronic Proof of Claim (ePOC) for non-ECF users
- Electronic Drop Box for emergency filing consideration. See the Emergency Filing Procedures page at the court’s website for more information on appropriate use of the Electronic Drop Box. Note: Documents are not considered filed when uploaded to the drop box. A deputy clerk will review each submission and contact you with further instructions and the payment of any applicable fees.
Go to https://www.txeb.uscourts.gov/ and click on the “e-Services” tab for more information and links to available online services.