You are here

Can the filing fee ever be waived?

No Attorney FAQ

If an individual seeking Chapter 7 relief cannot afford to pay the filing fee in full or in installments, a waiver of the filing fee may be sought by the filing of an application in accordance with Official Form B 103B. A judge will decide whether a waiver is authorized. A filing fee waiver can only be granted if your income is less than 150% of the official poverty line applicable to your family size and you are unable to pay the filing fee in installments.