Last Updated: Jan 31, 2019
On November 12, 2019, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas will go live on NextGen ECF, the latest iteration of the national case management and electronic filing system.
1. Central Sign-on – one login and password to view and file in any NextGen court
2. Easy username and password reset
3. Greater consistency in user experience
4. Greater integration among district, bankruptcy and appellate systems
Users will not be able to file in NextGen until their individual PACER account is upgraded and linked to their Texas Eastern Bankruptcy ECF account. Therefore, it is important for filing users to:
Do you have an individual PACER account? Is your PACER account upgraded?
As soon as possible prior to Go-live, upgrade your existing PACER account, or obtain your own individual PACER account (if you do not already have one). Shared PACER accounts cannot be used in NextGen.
To upgrade a PACER account created prior to August 11, 2014, go to: https://www.pacer.gov/nextgen/. Click the “Upgrade My Legacy PACER Account Now” button and log in to PACER to complete the upgrade process.
Step-by-step upgrade instructions Upgrading Your PACER Account
Note: Upgrade is not required if the PACER account was created after August 11, 2014.
If you do not already have a PACER account, you must register at: https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/regWizard.jsf.
Do you know your CM/ECF login name and password?
Prior to November 8, 2019, note your current ECF login and password. This is the login and password you are currently using. If you do not know your login and password the court can assist you during normal business hours. For assistance, please contact the court, or e-mail NextGen@txeb.uscourts.gov
Link your PACER to your ECF account AFTER Go-Live.
Upon Go-Live (November 12, 2019 or after), you must link your upgraded PACER account to your Texas Eastern Bankruptcy ECF account.
What you will need:
- Your upgraded PACER account username and password
- Your current ECF login and password
How to link:
- Go to the court’s ECF site https://ecf.txeb.uscourts.gov and click the Document Filing System link.
- At the first login prompt, enter your PACER username and password.
- At the second login prompt, enter your ECF login and password and complete the linking process.
Step-by-step linking instructions Linking Your ECF Account to Your Upgraded PACER Account