Electronically filed documents will be in the Portable Document Format (PDF) as is used by the Adobe Acrobat software product. For more information about this document format, please visit Adobe's website at http://www.adobe.com.
PDF documents have a varietyof user controlled parameters. For all PDF documents filed with the court, the Court recommends the following:
- The PDF document shall not contain any hyperlinks or protection. If either of these features has been enabled, it will be rejected by the CM/ECF server.
- Each page of the PDF document shall be 8.5 X 11 inches in size. Pages may not be rotated to achieve the correct size.
- For PDF documents that contain scanned images, the image should be scanned using 300 X 300 dpi resolution and be in black-and-white mode only.
- For PDF documents that contain textual data, the fonts used must either be in the approved font list, or be embedded in the PDF document. The list of approved fonts is: Arial (Regular, Bold, Italic, and Bold Italic), Courier (Regular, Bold, Oblique, and Bold Oblique), Times New Roman (Regular, Bold, Italic, and Bold Italic), Symbol, ZapDingbats.
- If you use some form of Optical Character Recognition (OCR), be careful of handwritten text. It is possible for the handwritten text to be encoded using a non-approved font.